Monday, March 1, 2010

Chelsea Whipps


Chelsea is young aspiring designer who has dreams that we hope to achieve. She has some great outfits and a beautiful style.

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.

My name is Chelsea, and I'm an alcoholic. Just joking. I'm 18 years old, and currently finished school and unemployed! This is a blessing and a curse because I miss making money, however I now have so much free time to sew, paint, and design! I live in St. Catharines, Ontario. I wish I could tell you about it, but I just moved here this month, from a small town called Orangeville (cute, eh?).

What does fashion mean to you?
Having a keen interest in fashion from a young age has just made fashion a lifestyle for me, as opposed to something I put thought into. Fashion to me is like my feet: an important part of me and something I would never want to live without.

How would you define your city's fashion?
As I mentioned earlier, I just moved here, but from what I've gathered, there are a small percentage of fashionable people. However, for the most part it is filled with boys and girls who either think that Hollister is God, or that New Balance running shoes are high fashion.

What can’t you live without?

My sewing machine. Even if I'm not making something that I plan on using, I am always down in the basement stitching pieces together and creating new things. Also, my Mac Book.. I'm a computer addict.

What are your favorite shops and designers?
Well, like I already said, I am unemployed. This means that I have found a new appreciation for window shopping. I shop at H&M the most, but I would say that my favorite designer is Marc Jacobs. I love the simplicity to his ready-to-wear collections and how he can go from designing outfits that completely blur traditional gender lines, to traditional chic dresses.

What is your favorite era of style?
The late 1950's to the early 1960's. The dresses that the women wore back then were so figure flattering, colorful, and beautifully made! Also, there is something so sexy to me about a boy with combed hair, wearing a 3 piece suit, and skinny tie!

What’s on your playlist?

Right now, the three bands I am listening to the most are The Black Lips, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and the soundtrack to Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog! If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest renting it!

Who's style do you admire?
Zooey Deschanel. I (along with half the world) have a large crush on her for a number of reasons, the main one being her style. I love the cute and quirky way she dresses, and how she understands the fine line between sexy and looking like a stripper, and never crosses it.

What is your most cherished item?
A pair of vintage pair of suede boots, that belong to my mom, but I steal them often!

What would question should I ask the next interviewer?
If you were forced to wear one pattern (floral, stripes, polka dots, etc.) for the rest of your life, which would you choose, and why?

Julio Cesar wants to know: Would you ever pursue a career in fashion? And if so, what career would you choose? I actually am planning to pursue a career in fashion! I am going to school in September for fashion merchandising, but after than I am going to get a degree in fashion design!

To see more of Chelsea Whipps go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/82035-Chelsea-W?category=fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment