Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tricia Gosingtian


Tricia is a photographer/model/stylist/hairstylist from the beautiful country of the Philippines. Seen in many places and has had her face everywhere, it would be a surprise if you didn’t know who she is.

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.

I'm a 21-year-old Chinese-Filipino photographer-model from the Philippines. Locally been featured as one of the Top 24 Most Creative Pinoys of 2008 by Preview magazine, one of the 100 Things To Look Forward To In 2009 by Stella magazine, one of the Top 10 Most Stylish Teens of 2008 by Meg magazine, and part of Philippine Star's annual feature (2009 edition) of 22 achievers under 22. On the side I do styling, hairstyling and make-up, and I graduated from a graphic design course because it’s my second love.

What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion is a form of expression, something that shows how you are at a particular moment or event. If I’m feeling lazy, I wouldn’t wear an over-the-top ensemble. If I’m feeling extra-special, I’d totes probably be wearing a nice pair of heels or a kick-ass pair of boots.

How would you define your city's fashion?
Manila isn’t exactly known to be fashion-forward. The Philippines is a tropical country, so most of the time, people just dress comfortably and practically. Jeans are a staple, as well as basic tees. Those who dare to dress up usually get stares from the public, but that’s not exactly stopping me from wearing what I want.

What can’t you live without?
High-waisted skirts! I love how you can wear them both casually and formally and how they can be so versatile depending on their shapes and prints.

What are your favorite shops and designers?
Most of the time I buy my clothes from high-street brands such as Topshop, Zara, and Mango. As for designers, enumerating all the ones that I like would take forever. I have a soft spot for collections with like fluffy, delicate dresses that come in pastel or nude colors, as well as those that use lots of black and white.
What is your favorite era of style?
I’d say the 90’s weren’t so bad. Personally, I was never a fashion-conscious kid, growing up with 3 brothers. I do remember wearing flannel shirts and Doc Martens though, being the semi-tomboy that I was. Overalls were pretty cute too.

What’s on your playlist?
Everything that you can think of. I have Copeland, Voxtrot, Cat Power, Jason Mraz, Radiohead, Two Hours Traffic, and David Ford playing repeatedly on my iPod lately. Also, been obsessing over a lot of K-pop – this includes SNSD, Big Bang, SHINee, and some F.T. Island.

Who's style do you admire?
I don’t exactly have on particular fashion idol, but I do read a lot of Japanese magazines for inspiration. They’re the cutest!

What is your most cherished item?

My 5D Mk II (my dSLR). I swear I can’t ever live without my camera!
Mihaela Dusan wants to know: How did joining lookbook influence your style?
Lookbook updates me with trends, but that's about it. I don't really have an icon that I imitate there, since most of them have different tastes compared to mine. As a photographer, I love how a lot of Lookbook members have their own photographers that take photos of them in the middle of streets and whatnot - I find it very charming.

What would question should I ask the next interviewer?
If you had to raid someone’s closet, whose would it be?

To see more of Tricia Gosington go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/17845-Tricia-G

No comments:

Post a Comment