Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mihaela Dusan


Mihaela is a chocolate lover from Timisoara. She loves to travel, shop, and of course laugh.

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.

Well, my name is Mihaela Dusan, in 29th of March I’ll be 21. I come from Hateg, a small town in Transylvania. In the present I’m a student in civil engineering in Timisoara. I chose this major because I see constructions like fashion. It`s like art. You have to make not only a functional building or road or whatever, but a beautiful one, that can enrich the landscape. I love to travel. I`ve been to several European countries (Denmark, Sweden, France, Italy, Ukraine etc) and also in Canada. I like to travel because I like to discover new places, new people and new cultures. I can say that all the traveling I`ve done has had a certain influence on my life.

What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion is not necessarily what you see in the magazines or in the shops. Fashion is something that has to be adapted by every person according to what they like and what looks good on them. I know that the trends are something that cannot be avoided because sometimes you can find the same type of merchandise everywhere. But if a certain piece of the trend does not look good on you, you should not wear it, I never do.

How would you define your city's fashion?
Timisoara is a rather big city and as a result it is a very cosmopolitan. You can find everything from people that follow the trends exactly as they are and they look like the mannequin in the shop window just went for a walk, to people that seem completely out of touch with fashion but are very comfortable with their own style.

What can’t you live without?

I could never live without earrings. They are my obsession. I like big earrings, but also small ones, earrings in all shapes and colors. The more they are, the better :P.

What are your favorite shops and designers?

I wouldn`t say that I have a favorite designer because I can`t really afford designer clothes. Regarding my favorite shop, I still couldn`t put my finger on one. From vintage stores to stores from the mall, I like to explore them all until I find what I like. I don`t like to spend a fortune on one piece of clothing, but if I really like it, I will.

What is your favorite era of style?

My favorite trend is the preppy style, which first came to surface at the end of 1970s through the 1980s. Still, I adapted this style to my own likings because I am, not the most classic person.

What’s on your playlist?

For some time now, Lily Allen. But you can also find Green Day, Cramberries, Kansas, Beatles , Red Hot Chilly Peppers or Coldplay.

Who's style do you admire?
Vanessa Hudgens because she can adapt very easily to any type on clothing, from the red carpet dresses to a very casual, rather junky style on the street, in her everyday life.

What is your most cherished item?
I love all my clothes and my accessories and my shoes, but my most cherished item is a small silver necklace with a maple leaf medallion present from a very special someone.

Samantha Liu wants to know: What item do you love that everyone else seems to hate?
Well I have a purse, a square one in black and blue, I wear it in one of my pictures from lookbook. My friends find it graceless, some of them said that looks like a house and other that is too sharp, but I find it cute and I love it.

What question should I ask the next interviewee?
How did joining lookbook influence your style?

To see more of Mihaela Dusan go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/86851-Mihaela-D?category=fashion

1 comment:

  1. thanks for picking me for your blog ...it was a pleasure answering your questions
    good luck in what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete