Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Krystle Uy


Krystle is a student in the Philippines who loves the performing arts. This young dancer is ready for world. Is the world ready for this girl though?

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.
STUDIES: I’m a graduating student at the Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines. I took a luxury brand management course for a semester at Mod'Art International, Paris.
HOBBIES: I live, eat and breathe performing arts. I dance contemporary, jazz and modern ballet.
WORK: I am a contributor for the fashion and lifestyle segment of a national newspaper. I also do some modeling and styling occasionally.
PHILIPPINES: I grew up in Cebu City, but I’m studying in Manila. I’ve been here for four years, but I'm going back to my hometown in a few months to relax and take a break from the fast paced lifestyle. Manila is kind of like New York, and Cebu is
like Miami or California. :)

What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion is my form of self-expression. It dictates my mood for the day, and greatly influences everything I do. I want to be totally submerged in the industry!

How would you define your city's fashion?
Very casual and laid back, considering its a tropical country and wearing jeans means having sweat all over your legs! People usually wear dresses or short shorts to brave the weather. Only a few people really dress up in the Philippines.

What can’t you live without?
A bottle of water, my phone, my favorite denim shorts and my boyfriend!

What are your favorite shops and designers?
I'm going to shamelessly plug in my sister's store: WAGW, which stands for What A Girl Wants. (http://wagw.multiply.com) They only sell locally, but the shop has gained a lot of hype for international fashionistas. Aside from that, I usually get my clothes from Zara, H&M, and Topshop. My favorite designers? Gosh, too much to mention!

What is your favorite era of style?

50s and the 80s!

What’s on your playlist?
Everything that isn’t metal or punk.

Who's style do you admire?

Martine Cajucom , Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Edie Sedgwick

What is your most cherished item?

My sapphire in 24k Gold ring that’s been passed down to me as a family heirloom.

What question should I ask the next person interviewed?
If you were forced to own only one piece of clothing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Célèste Brott wants to know: Who would play you in a movie about your life? This is a very difficult question! Probably someone in between Bridget Bardot and Ashley Olsen? Haha

To see more of Krystle Uy go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/52455-Kryz-U

No comments:

Post a Comment