Sunday, February 28, 2010

Julio Cesar


There are never many men with great style. Julio Cesar is one of the few with such greatness.

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.
I'm a 23-year-old graphic designer living in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I have a real passion for art, music and fashion. I enjoy putting outfits together and dressing up every day. Why only dress up for special occasions? ;)

What does fashion mean to you?

Fashion for me is a means of self-expression, first and foremost. You can tell a lot about a person's personality based on their wardrobe. I love the glamour and drama that comes with fashion; it's like a heightened version of reality. Whenever I'm getting dressed, the only person I'm trying to impress is myself. I would not feel comfortable in just jeans or a t-shirt, it's just not me. I like drama, luxury and the art of putting a great outfit together.

How would you define your city's fashion?
The fashion in my city is very, very conservative. So I stick out like a sore thumb. But it all depends on where you're going, really. I attend a lot of art gallery parties and fashion events, so I meet a lot of interesting, eccentric people that understand and appreciate fashion. But the majority of people here are pretty conservative or they just don't care much for dressing up, I guess.

What can’t you live without?
I cannot live without my man bag! I carry it everywhere and it holds all of my stuff. I could not imagine leaving my home without it; I'd feel naked!

What are your favorite shops and designers?
I buy a lot on vintage clothing and mix it with more upscale pieces that I find in boutiques across the city. I love mixing and matching expensive and inexpensive pieces together to create a look. It's more interesting than walking around dressed head to toe like the mannequin you see in the shop window. As far as designers go, I adore Vivienne Westwood, Comme des Garçons, Viktor & Rolf, Gareth Pugh, John Galliano, Jean-Paul Gaultier, and of course, the late, great, Alexander McQueen.

What is your favorite era of style?
I love the styles from the 60s and 70s. I love the whole mod scene that was going on in London in the 60s. And I also love the New York disco scene of the 70s. A lot of my style icons came from those eras, including David Bowie, Grace Jones, and Debbie Harry.

What’s on your playlist?
A lot of Goldfrapp, Annie, Kylie Minogue, Dragonette, Blondie, Grace Jones, Sébastien Tellier, Ladyhawke, Róisín Murphy, Metronomy, AIR, Hercules & Love Affair, The Golden Filter, vintage Madonna and Lady GaGa.

Who's style do you admire?
I really love Lady GaGa and Róisín Murphy's style. Those two women live glamorously every day of their life. They see clothing as works of art, and they themselves are like walking art pieces. I love people who just put themselves out there, pile on the sequins and have fun with fashion. Fashion should be fun, people shouldn't be so afraid of what others will think of their outfits.

What is your most cherished item?
I really love my mohair blazer and my capes. I also love my collection of brooches.

What would question should I ask the next interviewer?

I would ask the next person: Would you ever pursue a career in fashion? And if so, what career would you choose?

To see more of Julio Cesar go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/61064-Julio-C?category=fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment