Monday, March 8, 2010

Samantha Liu


Samantha is a very green girl living in the wondrous Cali. Keep an eye for this girl…The Organic Girl!

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.

My name's Samantha Liu & I live in California. I love fashion, modeling, and acting, pretty much anything that's artistic & creative I have a passion for! I'm obsessed with thrifting & organic foods. Many people call me "The organic girl" haha =)

What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion never really caught my interest until the beginning my high school years. & now I absolutely love fashion. It's how I express myself every day. I get to create a style that I can call my own. Without it, I really don't know what I'd do!

How would you define your city's fashion?
I can't really define my city's fashion because a lot of people seem to have different styles where I live I see people who are preppy, trendy, bohemian, sporty, classy, relaxed, etc. Everyone has their own style.

What can’t you live without?
I cannot live without leggings & heels!! <3

What are your favorite shops and designers?

My favorite shops are Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and H&M. But I mostly shop at thrift stores! & my favorite designers would be Chanel & Burberry<3 I love Chanel mostly because of all of the lacy girly items such as bows & love how classy their looks are. I love Burberry mostly because of the colors! Especially their latest colors: Pastels!!<3

What is your favorite era of style?

I love how they dressed in the 40's & the 50's! They always looked so elegant & well put together. & I love how everything looked stunning & vintage. I also like how you could dress up without needing an excuse like a special occasion or a party. It seems like you need an excuse to get dressed up now a days. I love getting dressed up almost every day and I always stick out because everyone is always in jeans and a t-shirt when I go somewhere such as the grocery store!

What’s on your playlist?

I love music, so I have way too many to name! But a few would be: Lady Gaga, Mayday Parade, Lily Allen, Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, B.O.B., Teegan & Sara, Asteria, etc. It's basically a whole jumble of different artists and songs that I can find a way to relate to<3

Who's style do you admire?
I'd have to say Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen. I love how they always look so put together & stylish even when they're having a relaxed day. They look like they belong on the runway!

What is your most cherished item?

Mmm, I can't think of just one cherished item, I really cherish all of my clothes!

Bianca Venerayan: What is your opinion on Lady Gaga?

I absolutely love Lady Gaga. She is one of my icons! She is so different & unique! I know there are many people who don't like her because they think she's too "out there" but I think people should be more open-minded. She’s like no other pop star out there & I think it's so important that people know that it's okay to be different, to be unique, to be creative, to be yourself. Why should you hate on someone just because they are different from the crowd? You should be applauding them for being bold enough and brave enough to show off their personality without being afraid. & also, her style is so noteworthy because she treats fashion like art. Every day she is like a walking art piece. Plus, I pretty much love all of her songs. They're so upbeat, quirky, and fun.<3

What would question should I ask the next interviewer?

What item do you love that everyone else seems to hate?

To see more of Samantha Liu go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/87555-Samantha-L?category=fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment