Friday, March 5, 2010

Nicholas Uccan


With a mind set of an older person, Nicholas is a young musician who is on his way.

Tell me a little about yourself and where you live.
I'm a 17-year-old student in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm a writer and musician. The art is my blood. Fashion is my way of putting art on my body.

What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion to me is like I said is an art form. A mobile and fabric art form. It shows who I am without speaking words. Also, fashion is the only way to stand out here.

How would you define your city's fashion?

Well, in the high school scene, everyone is clone of their peers. Only the college kids and the teens living in the downtown area really have an eye for fashion and style. They use thrift stores and incorporate the ol' west into most out fits.

What can’t you live without?
Ahhh, this is a tough one. I would have to say my note pad. Everyday I'm writing down a name, number, brand, band, song, artist, etc etc. Without it I would come home and feel as if I wasted the entire day.

What are your favorite shops and designers?
I love Urban Outfitters only because it's the only store in this city that has "trendy" clothes. Other than that I'm always online shopping at American Apparel. By far I would say Alexander McQueen is my favorite. He built an empire for shoes and clothing by himself. His death was tragic and too soon.

What is your favorite era of style?
A few years ago I would say the 1980's, but getting older I find the 40's and 50's to yield the most beautiful people with classy finger-waves and cigarette holders.

What’s on your playlist?
As of this moment I'm going through a Sea Wolf phase. I don't know why. To name a few; The Kooks, The Smiths, Interpol, Vampire Weekend, Animal Collective, We Were Promised Jetpacks, and the famous Death Cab for Cutie.

Who's style do you admire?
I admire the amazing style of James McAvoy, he has a face that screams H&M. And for some reason Justin Long is getting his act together in the fashion scene.

What is your most cherished item?
Either my guitar or my Dr. Martens.

Dominique wants to know: Which trend would you like to see disappear?
Haha easy. Bright neon colors with animal print. Tacky.

What would question should I ask the next interviewer?
Have you ever Googled yourself and if yes, what surprised you the most?

To see more of Nicholas Uccan go to
http://lookbook.nu/user/68304-Nicholas-U?category=fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment